HAN Formula Student
If you want to excel as an Automotive student, HFS is the right choice for you. We are an international racing team that develops a new car every year to learn and grow as much and as fast as possible. And the most important Automotive companies in the world are noticing the Formula Student racing series as they are the main sponsors to all Formula SAE events (Formula Society of Automotive Engineers), such as Volkswagen AG, Daimler, Bosch, Audi, Opel, Porsche and many more.
Our team consists of 34 highly motivated students that are excited to come up with new ideas, learn by doing and practice engineering and management skills to gain the best experience in their field of study.
Working at the HAN Formula Student team means that you will try your hardest, will not give up and learn to work in an international team, which will pay off by the interest Formula Student members get from automotive companies when they’ve been graduated. We have many internship opportunities and we think you should grab your chance!
Department Leader Chassis
As the Department Leader Chassis, you are responsible for both the design and building process of the chassis. You will work together with your assigned CB5-projectmembers and manage them in doing the research, design and building process of the chassis components such as the cockpit and paddle box. You will also be working together with the Suspension and Powertrain departments as they need to match their products to your chassis.
While designing the chassis and it’s components you’ll have to work within the rules set by the Formula SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) and the goals that are determined by the Chief Engineer.
- A well-structured department wherein everyone is motivated and satisfied.
- A clear and complete documentation of your work to hand over to the next Department Leader.
- In charge of the project members for your department
- Have a final, complete chassis (+ components) design that is according to the Formula Student rules and the set goals
- You are a student at HAN University of Applied Sciences with preferable specialization in Engineering
- Good average score
- English language skills are a must, both written and spoken
- Good communication skills
- Planning skills is a must
- Continuing with the function after your internship ends, as the building process starts
- Practical experience in project management is a plus
- CAD Skills are a must
- Production knowledge is a must
- Materials Science knowledge is a must
- Mechanics of Materials/Statics knowledge is a must
- Decent excel skills is a plus
HAN University of Applied Sciences, Automotive Institute, Arnhem.
HAN Formula Student team room (0.16 AU)
Starting date: 4th September 2017 End date: 3rd February 2017
Duration: 5 months (1 semester)
More info at:
- Current Department Leader Chassis:
Mark van Hoeve, email@example.com, +316 5223 4485
- HFS Team Advisor:
Arthur Appelman, firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply at (CV+motivation letter):
Rick Schulting: email@example.com, +316 3738 3129